Plastic People and non plastic bag


Last night while watching some late nite news from Taiwan (just an coincedence), on the TV screen it was showing a crowd stepping over each others with some of them injured as they tried to rush into this shopping mall to get hold of some sort of bag (I only know by reading subtitle on the screen). I first through it must be a expensive/special bag. However, when I was watching news again this afternoon, I realise it was all because of a enviromental friendly designer-label shopping bag. In fact, the frenzy happened right here in Hong Kong, only in a more orderly fashion (but not much more).

Obviously, the news report was focus on how people were driven crazy about this HK$120 bag. There are also enviromental groups blaming the seller for the sake of selling their product, no real enviromental issue is addressed. In fact, with all so many rubbish left behind by the crowd, it makes you think twices what it is all meant.

Speaking of Plastic Bag, I still remember my mum back in Australia, she used to stuff at least 10-20 "green" bags at the back of the car, in case she does shopping in a supermarket. She then had another 10-20 bags in the house, all fully fill up with personal stuff. I understand they are not made by plastic but with over 40 green bag at the house, I told her she may be the first of many to start polluting the enviroment by using enviromental bag. Every single bag, whether it is plastic or not, does require lots of resources to made.

So, next time when you buy a bag, where is plastic or not. Perhaps you should ask yourself, am I really need one or not?


Comments

Popular Posts