Crying Game

I don't know why but almost every close female friends I had, would have cried in front of me at least once..No, it happened when we were alone. The latest were my close friend whom I know for 20 yrs. I guess women cried for only one reason, relationship breakdown.
I look at them and most of the time, I am speechless in most cases. I am actually very bad in terms of knowing what to do. I really want to hug them and give them some sort of comfort but not sure this is what they need. Anything I said (or try to say) is obviously rubbish and not going to help any of the situation.

Well, the second person which I have to "deal" with is my sister, who just cried in front of me..and again this is about her lack of love relationship in her life. It had been a life-long struggle for her. Although I think she is partly responsible for this but I do feel for her situation. Maybe she is a very typical case of women without a men in this city...often being called "Kong girl" (as in HK girl).

I still remember she said this to me while she cried...I am ashmed of myself and totally lack of confidence because all my other firends had got a boyfriend. No one wants me and no one WILL ever want me. I feel I am being abandoned and no one loves me!! More than that, I am very much ashamed of telling you all this!!

That's a very harsh assessment of one self no matter who you are. Again, I was speechless and could not say a word to comfort her. My silence angers her more and I have to left her room to give her some space.

I actually feel I am the one who should be ashamed of..not being able to help/comfort. Nonetheless, the level of this harsh assessment was beyond my expectation. So being alone/single is something to be ashamed of? Is it really important to stick with another person so that you could feel you are in love? and what about your confidence level, are they increased as you are hanging out with another person?

More importantly, the urge of getting into relationship, how much does that driven by your friends/family?

Comments

Popular Posts