Patience

I remember a couple of yrs ago. I watched this award winning ad on TV. It had this slogan and it went something like, "don't you hope things just work?!". Of course, it was talking about the car, which is the subject of the ad. I never had any thought about this because I kind expected that and in my short life so far, things did work as they should be, well, at least most of the time. However, it seems like things started turning around since last year. That is, things simply do not work no matter what your expectation is.
Well, it's kind of the cause of some of my frustration last couple of days. Firstly, the air-con at my lounge room, doesn't work. This is fine until you realise you got spend so much time to get someone to fix it and waiting for them to fix it. It almost likes the fact that I don't mind the machine is breaking down, but I DO mind having to wait for some help which actually doesn't help at all. Maybe my expectation of a technician to fix up something when they come is simply too much to ask for. Oh, I forgot to mention the second things, a new cabinets which I order 3 weeks ago, only to realise that it was damaged and have to be sent back for repair (or redo). I was again quite frustrated, not by the fact the cabinet get damaged, but the time it takes for me to wait for it to arrive again in 2 or 3 weeks time, not to mention the time I spend calling for the furniture store and let my frustration burst out to them instead.
After what happen in UK last year, I realised I start getting myself trained for situation like this, as if I have never faced before. Maybe, my naivety occupied most part of my life (mum and dad always take care this kind of things). I have to say, despite my best effort to resolve situation like this, I still got the worse of the situation (not to mention the huge amount of money I spent related all these problems). My emotions get in my way of thinking and there is always a twist or surprise here and there, which make the problems even more complicated.
Aug 1st will be another test for me, because I am "in charge" for a kitchen renovation after discussing it with my mum for more than a year. I just hope my bad spell of luck could end here. Nonetheless, judging from what I have experienced so far, I can't help but go for the pessimistic mode of myself.

Comments

Popular Posts