A lazy afternoon at cinema

Cinema is still one of the my favourite hobby, or more importantly, part of my life, ever since I fall in love with it during my days as an university student. But it was about 9 yrs ago, when I started taking some cinema studies short courses, I began to understand what cinema/film really is. I was probably willing to devote as much time to cinema/related readings, as to say, my relationship with family or friends.

Nonetheless, 9 yrs had been a long time for any kind of relationship, cracks seem to be unfolded between me and my passion for cinema. It had been going on like this for a number of years and despite my own denial to it, it is more apparent then ever. I become more a film buff then anything else (to start with, I always wanted to become a film critic of some sort) A lazy afternoon at my favourite cinema, watching David Fincher's "Zodiac", serves a timely reminder about questioning myself about this. I was at the cinema early (in order to get better seat) and spent quite a long time wondering the DVD shops nearby. It is probably one of the most comprehensive DVD shops you can find in HK. So much so you can find just about any obscure film you can get anywhere. Yet standing there, looking and browsing, I could not even pick up one that interested me so much that I will go ahead and buy it. Every time I walked and wondering around there, it likes I am counting the no. of films I have watched and/or known. The urge of watching them, or more importantly, knowing them seems to be gone. That probably explained why I have not watched any of my 30 DVDs at home.

Yes, this is the feeling which bother me a bit, and I certainly don't want to blame it to my busy daily life or the process of just being grown up, because when I first decided to choose cinema as my hobby, it was supposed to be life longed one..

Comments

Popular Posts