The Babel effect..

Babel, the final instalment of Alejandro González Iñárritu's "crash" trilogy reminds us the fact that we are all too close together from this contemporary world where one thing seems to completely irrelveant to ourselves on the services, may infact have a much deeper impact then we thought. Our action, decision, choices, are not no longer matter to us, but to people whom we don't know. The consequence of one's action have this "knock on" effect to an extend that is beyond our imaginations. It was not just a story belonged to the cinema but it is such a real life story.

Today I felt this, although it may not be a signifcant one.

An uprising in a far away region in China resulting a missed chance for me to meet up one of my closest friends, which has been arranged for so long to an extend that I was kind of looking forward to it, at least to give some soft of respite to my lifeless daily life so far. We are not living in the troubled regions, in fact far from it. Yet, a cancellation of the whole trip, as a result of the unrest, had ended any chance of this meeting. It feels as if the incident happend so close to me, that I got hugely affected. This morning when I was in pandry, putting a cup of coffee, a colleauge of mine asked me how are the incidents going with China so far. My immediate response was, the bloodshed seems to be on-going. Yet a blunt answer from my colleague was, "I was talking about the bird-flu incident in our region, who cares about the bloodshed?! it is so far away."

It was amazing how much of that had been happening so far this year...if we had our chances right, we could have meet up at least 3 or 4 times this year already. Yet, not once had we met despite our pre-arranged trip. Everything stopped before it happened, as if everything had been pre-arranged to stop this meeting. Whether it is pure coincedence, or something else, I simply have no answer to it, and I certainly don't know how I should response to it....sad, disappointed, mundane, remain hopeful for another chance???

Only time can tell.

Oh, I also wish the bloodshed and the violences will end in a peaceful manner, but more importantly, I wish the incident would provide a chance for things to change..for the better.

Comments

Popular Posts