也來個blueberry nights

It has been a long time since I have mention any music I have been listened to recently. Dunno why, since the viewing of "lust, cautions" (and perhaps among other good films shown in the Asian film festival), there seems to be not much exciting cinema experience lately. Same applied to music too I guess, also after the great "lust, cautions" soundtrack, there are not too many CD/music which can give me the same touchy feeling...until I found the my blueberry nights soundtrack last weekend.

I have not seen the movie yet, and I haven't even listened to the soundtrack once, except its "title" song, "the Greatest" from my beloved Cat Power. It was an "old" song because I have already had Cat Power's CD early last year. At that time, while I thought it was a good CD to listen to, it is yet to be "great", let alone be the greatest. However, when combined with WKW's image/story on the screen, even just on the trailer, I was totally "stroked" by it to a point that I felt I am sinking into it...and without much help of getting out of it.

This may not be WKW best work (in fact, I have a feeling that he had already peaked out while doing "in the mood for love"). Yet, there is always a strange connection between WKW's story/film to my life when I think about it, it feels like he is actually talking about my story. The distance between the people I love/care and myself, the solitude of one's life and the failure of reaching out and starting/retaining a relationship are almost like a direct reflection of my own.

Maybe it is that feeling again which makes me hooked to his cinema, yet again..

(p.s. while at the cinematheque last week, I also got a soundtrack from my another favourite film, "Toni Takatani", finally ending years of searching)

Comments

Popular Posts