New bottle, old wine

It must be one of the costliest months I have so far since I have been back to Hong Kong. Not sure if my buying frenzy is coinciding with the end of my relationship...let's see what I have got for myself and my family



  • A new kitchen;
  • a new cabinet for my living room;
  • a new phone;
  • a new pair of glasses (actually just a replacement of the lens);
  • a new 4 in 1 printer;
  • almost a new job;
  • a new fridge;
  • a new rubbish bin;
  • many new DVDs;
  • a new large LCD TV for my room;

Yet, I felt all these new stuffs had 2 things in commons

1. allow me to go back to my old self, which is opposite to what I want;
2. they have bigger/more/larger size/functions but...


  • A new kitchen which is actually too dark in colour and less storage space than the old one;
  • a new cabinet for my living room which looks good on the outside but actually less well made than my old one;
  • a new phone which had less suitable for my needs then my old one;
  • a new pair of glasses (actually just a replacement of the lens), which is...umm, not quite as good looking when I wear it;
  • a new 4 in 1 printers, which is slower than my old fax machine and my dad found it difficult to see the key;
  • almost a new job but at the end, it is a wasted opportunity;
  • a new fridge which is not as cool looking as my old 80's fridge with less storage space;
  • a new rubbish bin which is harder to open then the old one;
  • many new DVDs which are less interesting title that those I already had;
  • a new large LCD TV for my room which had worse TV reception than my old 14' TV;

and probably a new DVD player as my not so new DVD player is already out of order..!!

umm..shouldn't really put this experience as a light one. I mean, it gives me a chance to reflect what really means new and old..

Comments

Popular Posts