8

The first "real" typhoon of the year finally hit HK today, and more than 7 yrs, I am sitting at home, during work hours, doing my own thing because of this. Everyone goes home at the same time and on the street, ppl simply packed together waiting for that transport which probably come after a very long wait.
I remember when I was in primary, how I wish there was a typhoon hitting us so we all don't need to go to school. When I started working, I also wish that a typhoon can hit us at the right place in the right time (they seldom did of course) so we don't need to go to work and/or get off work early, like today.
So I guess I should be happy..right? Wrong, maybe it's just my mood over the last couple of days, or it's just too many unexpected twist happened. All of which prevent me to achieve what I want to achieve. After breaking up with my GF last month, I realise I need a change, I am not sure what change but I kind of expected some will come and hopefully that can make things better. However, here are a list of things that went completely wrong for me..

1. I "kind of" give up an job offer which I wanted very much until last week. All of a sudden I have a 180 degree turn and decide to stay on my current job, which only last at most, 6 months. The way I did it was, confirming with my boss on Thursday night that I am staying, then getting this job offer on Friday morning at 8:30am.

2. Remember i was being patience about my cabinet, its final pieces finally arrived after severe delay, yet because of my dad's mishaps (who only just come back a week ago), it is still not usable yet.

3. the kitchen renovation enters it final stage today, only to find out that the bench as damaged in delivery (which repair was done after ward) and of course, the typhoon stopped everything from the afternoon. It would be a long wait which can last for days if not weeks.

Patience/tolerance had been using up quickly because of the little changes that I want to make. I don't know whether this is a lesson for me. Not that I expected everything to go smoothly but I realised my calcuation did not factor in one very important element..god's will. (see the example of the typhoon and my dad's mishap,w which wont happen if he is not here) It's been a rather difficult 10 days so far in August and not much relief from difficult July I had already. I also realise the importance of relying people to do something for you. How much you can rely on them and how much you can afford to rely on them..The last 2 weeks had certain told me that I should rely no one except for myself, that's including family member, and most certainly, GOD.

To make myself feel slightly better..I went to pizza hut to get a small pizza for myself at 5pm in the afternoon. At least the pizza taste good...

Comments

Popular Posts