Not quite strangers?

How often do you find coincidence happened to you? Not sure if you have similar experience before. When I am wandering around the street, I see strangers passing through; men; women; young people; old lady; health guys or sick persons...As the same as anyone, mostly they just passed by without too much of a notice. Yet, sometimes, one of those strangers may suddenly "attract" my attention. Okay, they are not necessary pretty ladies; I mean people whom I just pay a little bit more attention to the others when I see them. They may have special facial features, they wear a dress/clothes which attracts me, or doing something which grab my attention.

You think they would only pass by once in your life because at the end, they are only strangers. Yet, sometimes, I would actually meet them for the second time in a row. It is not like they have walked into a store and I meet them, then I meet them again in another store at the same building in the next 5 mins. Sometimes, I can meet them for up to one to two hours, if not longer, and we meet up in almost entirely different location. I always amazed/wonder as to what are the chances of having this to be happen. A lot of people would dismiss this as pure coincidence and nothing to worry/think about. But for me, it almost likes I paid attention to them because I knew this will not be the last time I am going to meet them.

Like when I first knew J, she was working upstairs and I started taking notice of her simply I just find her interesting to look at. She just got this look which left an impression in my mind and nothing to do with whether she is pretty or not. Then, I kept bumping into her on different location, whether it is in a restaurant, or on the street, only then I realise she was actually a friend's friend after a big gathering. And through this friend, we finally get to know each other, and of course, the rest is history...(fortunately and unfortunately)

Something of a similar nature happened to me last weekend.

I remember quite a while ago, I was surfing on the web and randomly go into other people's blog whom I don't know. Trying to find out more blogs which talked about cinema/music in a more relax way. Then I have gone into this blog written by a young lady from HK. You may think I am interested in her with some "other" intention, but frankly, it was her thoughts on cinema, music and daily life which interested me much more. And when I read it, I kind of feel that she speaks the same "language" as me, almost to an extent, like a close friend of mine speaking to me (although later I found her "language" was not as the same as I previously thought). So I would flip through her site occasionally.

Last Saturday, I was having a rare drink session with friends coming from Taiwan at the fringe club. Then, all of a sudden, I realise that she and her friends were walking into club. I was kind of "shocked" because I feel like I am seeing someone who knows nothing about me, and yet I knew her story/experience through her blog.

She was sitting right behind me. The feeling was weird to say the least...

Now tell me, how much coincidence can that be?

Comments

Popular Posts