Run Jason, Run!


Yes, that was the slogan they use when they first release the "Bourne" series. Rarely I went out and watch an all out action movie by myself but I chose the latest, Bourne Ultimatum for tonight film. I was always scepital about the bourne's films despite the fact I heard the previous films were of good quality. So I have done much of a homework by watch the preivous films on TV/DVD.


I am sure you can find endless film review about the film itself which is probably far better than I am going to write here anyway. So I guess I stick with my feeling toward the film. As an good action film, it achieved a lot and one thing I like the series is that it had be a very cohensive series. Not some kind of sequel (both the Bourne Supremecy and Ulimatium) which produced just for the sake of getting more of the original hit. Rarely I've seen sequels which are being linked so beautifully, and as brillantly as bounre's mind. The soundtrack was used greatly here and I can feel the importance of them when I saw Bourne running around from one country to another. It was very effective and brought you closer to the edge of your seat. The camera works (shaking/handheld style) are always a trademark of the director, Peter Greengrass. Yet again, it proved its effectiveness in creating a much closer feeling with audiences, it almost brought them to the scene and the audiences feels like they are at the centre of the action, and not taking the back seat to watch the whole thing flow through their eyes

Giving credit to the script/original book, I also like the fact that through the series, it shows how bourne is out smart (and out run) his oppenents. Not just like traditional super hero, in which they have to always out-power their oppoents. I guess the realisation of such intellgiences, to be shown on film like what the director had done, is also very much an important point why this film is particularly exciting to watch.


Comments

Unknown said…
Believe it or not. I just bought the original book ($12AUD) and committed to read it before watching the movie ...

Raymond
starman said…
you should! And get the 2 previous films before u go and see the third one, make much more senses la..

Popular Posts