Film, Film and more films on a solitude time

Had been quiet for sometime already since my last entry. It is probably the fact that I spent my time on cinema, or rather, reverse myself back to my old self during the days as a frequent film goers. Not just to the cinema, but also watching more DVDs than I have ever had since I returned to Hong Kong. It was quite a deja vu feeling, as I almost convert myself back as if I was 10 yrs ago, when I start falling "in love" with cinema.

No, I am not going to start writing about the film that I watched. Well at least not here on this particular post, despite one or two films which I have seen were fascinating to say the least. Well, there were "The Sun Also Rises" (By Jiang Wen); "The Milky Way" (by Luis Bunuel); or from an earlier viewing The Secret (by Jay Chow), and much more on DVD which some of them are remained unseen for months, even years, until now; the breaking and entering (by Anthony Minghella); Secret Ballot (Babak Paymai); the Untold Scandal(a Korean film by E-J yong); the Host... the list can go on for several more lines and what's more, there are about 5 to 6 films I am about to watch in the cinema due to the start of HK Asian film festival. But I reckon myself have started my own festival almost 2-3 weeks in advance. If you asked me whether they are really the films that I really want to watch, my answer would be...well, they are to a certain extent but I also have to admit there are certain times I felt like almost forced myself into the cinema. Nonetheless, I always give myself some excuses to go into the cinema and watch a film, whether it was the story interested me, or the directors/actors, or just the music/score. I always searching for some kind of emotions, or excitement from movies, and those feelings can make me feel the magic of the cinema in a sense that it beyond just a form of art/entertainment, but looking through it, there are certain enlightenmen involved which enable me to appreciate the greatness and the beauty of cinema. However, having said that, I do admit that this feeling is becoming a rarity as I grow older and seen more and more films. I mentioned in a couple of months ago about questioning myself about my passion towards film. May be that is one of the many reasons why I need to rethink, while I am trying to "encourage" myself to continue my passion/love to cinema. It almost like maintaining a relationship with you love one.

Living in a city in which you can barely breath normally with your own ideas and thoughts (unlike others where goes by the flow seems to be the easiest way to go). I found myself even more alert to maintain my own self as an individual even more than when I was in Australia. When you think back, it may be a good thing..

Comments

Popular Posts