Punch Drunk..and Love


It was an usual yet enjoyable Friday nite with friends at the bowling alley. It must be a rather terrible week at work, not so much the pressure but my body tries hard to hang on until the end of every working days. My friend's belated birthday celerbration had resulted into 2 bottle of white wines and probably that is what I need, to get relaxed from acholcol and to get drunk a bit while explaining to my friend how my relationship with my girlfriend ended a while ago. Not sure whether it is the wine, the talking or the mere fact that I was able to sleep in such a unconscious way that I was finally able to "rest". The aching from here and there in my body feel subside a bit this morning.
Then it is the usual time for me to do my internet surfing. In the process, I was "bumped" into the sense of cinema (www.senseofcinema.com) site and revisit some old article about WKW. Then I went on to read it a little bit more..before I hit by this little pieces about love in WKW's films. I don't know why but I agree every single words the writer said. Not just agreeing, but I feel it as well, as if the very thing that she was talking about, are indeed so far how I feel from my relationship experience. It is perhaps this exact feeling, that I was captured by WKW's world of cinema, as if it had already "played" my own stories on the screen.

****

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/01/13/wong-symposium.html

Love - Things Wong Kar-wai Taught Me About Love

Requited love is an impossibility.

You will fall in love only once. Obstacles will prevail. The rest of your life is spent recovering.

Eroticising their possessions will be the pinnacle of your sexual fulfilment.

Anything that distracts you from the pain of your loss is good. Some people are more successful in this regard than others.

Hook up with someone. Live with them. Sleep with them. Tag along. Don't be fooled. You are only a transitory distraction. Ask for commitment. Declare your love. Watch the set up evaporate.

The most potent way to exist is to occupy someone else's imagination.

Desire is kept eternally alive by the impossibility of contact.

Modern communication enabling technologies will only heighten your sense of desolation by making you more keenly aware of the fact that no one is trying to call.

by Alice Dallow

Comments

Popular Posts