Valentine's day in a box

I saw the reality of one of the tradition in Valentine's day: Flower. Expensive, beautiful, or some not so beautiful, large bunch of flowers. They are not held by ladies who are yet to receive them. It was outside this little cafe that I usually go to for coffee, where I can see all these flowers sitting in a paper box, so many of them, ready to be delivered by a trailer, pushed by a delivery boy. It feels like no matter how beautiful they are, they looks more like bulk mail, something mass produced, without individuality, without feeling. As if they "have to" go out because they are supposed to.

I am sure they are expensive and probably a guy have to order them (I know, I was one of them last year) well in advance as part of his preparation to show his feeling to someone he likes. These flowers supposed to be a individual, if not an intimate thing to be send out. They just don't "deserve" to be sent out like...bulk mail.

Comments

Popular Posts