台北.近-香港.遠


For business reasons, I have been asked to travel to Taipei for most of this week. It was already the 3rd time in this year I have been travelling to there, and finally, I have been able to catch up with her and her friend at last, after all the missed chances in the previous attempts. It was a relief and certain happy to see some close friends again, and more importantly, breaking up some of my rather routine lifestyle. Not sure if this is the reason, that I feel Taipei is becoming less of a strange city to me. Maybe it is just the no. of times I have been to there, or maybe the fact that it had more old places that I can go to, or may be it is the people that I see, who seems to be more "down to earth". The collective of those feelings had resulted a lesser gap between me and this city. It may not be as close as it likes home (although this home feeling was very much undefinited for me).

Returning to Hong Kong, and walking at the TST area for the "Mulan" performance, I can't help feeling alienated by this city, by this people. It was the place where I was born and growth up (at least for most part of my childhood and adolescent), yet, the distance seems growing as time goes by, as if I am completely a by passer of this city.....

Comments

Popular Posts